Anybody how knows me, knows I have a huge obsession with Mexican food. Its my absolute favourite! (ok I lie, I dont discriminate against food. I love all food) – I think I have even mentioned it at least 5 times on the blog already, how much I actually love mexican food. Therefor it is my absolute pleasure, ladies an gentleman to introduce you to a very dear friend of mine. Mango Salsa. I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to embrace the fruit in salad sensation but now – I love it. (That doesn’t mean Im gonna be jumping on the monstrosity that is pineapple pizza though. Ew and no.) It’s really perfect for warmer days, when you just want something light and fresh to eat.
There are lots of different variations of mango salsa, but this is my favourite. This made enough for two big portions, and works beautifully with some grilled salmon.
- 1 ripe mango, diced (you can speed ripe them over night in a bowl of uncooked rice)
- 2 small tomotaos, chopped
- 1 small chopped red onion
- ¼ cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- A splash of lemon or lime juice, to taste
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon salt, to taste
- Splash of olive oil
Mix it all together, and try not to eat it right from the bowl! 😉