I say I love a lot of things, I love my boyfriend, I love my family, I love my friends but I most of all I REALLY love food. Mexican food in particular. (It’s not Xmas without mom’s enchiladas!) Seafood is also really high up there too. So I thought I would share with you the easiest fish tacos ever 🙂 Just look at these bad boys, how could you not?!
These easy fish tacos are one of my all-time favourite dishes. I am pretty sure I could become a pescetarian and just live off these bad boys.
The best part of this? It’s so incredibly simple to make it’s unreal! I’m kinda kicking myself for not thinking of this before because it’s so damn good. Finger-lickin’ good. We often have this as quick Sunday dinner when we’ve had a busy day.
The easiest fish tacos
What you need:
- Fish fingers
Optional topping suggestions
- Sliced red cabbage
- Sliced cucumber
- Your favourite hot sauce ( Mine is Cholula!)
- Pico de Gallo (Recipe below)
- Avocado cream dressing (Recipe below)
- Pickled red onion (You can find my 30 min version here)
Avocado cream dressing:
- 1 1/2 avocados
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Add all ingredients to a blender until smooth.
Refrigerate for up to a week.
Pico De Gallo
- 5 tomatoes, finely diced. ( I like to remove the wet part in the middle)
- 1/2 large red onion, finely diced
- Some sliced jalapeno slices ( I grab some from a jar and just go a little crazy.)
- 1/2 large bunch of coriander, chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Toss the diced tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and garlic together. Add the juice of a half a lime and add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Bake fish fingers based on the package instruction and assemble in a wrap.
3. Final step: EAT! Ps, it’s really nice when you drizzle some lime over it before you eat 🙂